2010/09/27

Stories From The Curious Mind-Chapter 5

(Official blog post for My Selangor Story Blogging Contest)


Goodbye, Homestay Sungai Haji Dorani! Goodbye, Pak Cik Tauhid! Good bye, paddy field!

IMGP0644
IMGP0640IMGP0636

Whenever there is a start, there is an end. But never did I expect that my stay in the homestay would end this soon. So long, Sabak Bernam!


Sunway City

Leaving all the green, we finally made our way to the booming integrated city, Sunway. It is a usual “lepak” (hangout) place for my schoolmates and me. Sunway City and Subang Jaya town as a whole, exudes an unique atmosphere. It has the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur but is free from the its chaos and crowdedness. Everything looks new here.

I had been to Sunway Pyramid countless times but Sunway Pyramid Tower Hotel where we checked in was indeed something new for me. Glitches happened on the way but nothing would spoil the spirit of all the 30 My Selangor Storytellers. Unexpectedly, I had gotten a new roommate, Alid. We got along really well since the first moment we met. What to do? We shared so many same interests, catching up with Hindi films and traveling.

One thing I liked about Sunway Pyramid Tower Hotel was its eye soothing deco.

IMGP0679IMGP0678
IMGP0660

After a brief freshen-up, we then happily went to the Mantra for lunch.

IMGP0653

They served decent Indian cuisines here. Through the dropdown window here, we could enjoy a 360 bird eye view of the entire Sunway Lagoon.

IMGP0656

The food served here were decent, too. I wouldn’t say that the Indian cuisines here are of top notch as I had tasted other nice ones (What to do? My roommates are all Indians.) But tasting roti canai in such a classy restaurant would surely worth your time albeit the only fallback was that the tarik wouldn’t go well with air-conditioner.

IMGP0658

I took in quite a lot of food as I thought that we were going down soon for the theme parks. However, while I was having fun “nongkrong” (hanging out) with Citra, Sy Yuan and Fadli, bad news came. Due to some “unforeseen circumstances”, the trip to theme parks was postponed to the next day.  Everyone could not seem to hide that tinge of disappointment on his or her face. But come to think about it, we were given a break for this one whole day. Exploring Sunway Pyramid Shopping Complex in a way I had never done before might not be a bad idea.

IMGP0667
IMGP0662

My new Indonesian friends and I tried to catch some movies in the TGV Cinema here but too bad, the timing worked against us. It was only then I noticed that the cinema is right on the sky. I especially liked the clouds hanging on the sky. From certain angle, it looked kind of real. I guessed I was seeing only then because I stood from the viewpoint of a traveller and not so much a participator. It is always hard to really observe things around you as more often than not, we take them for granted. We thought we knew them so well that we don’t care to look deeper. Is it not the same case with life? We never really know ourselves, do we?

IMGP0663

Sunway Pyramid is also the only shopping mall with its own ice-skating rink. Now, instead of skating inside, I had changed my role into an observer from top. From here, I saw people falling down, couple supporting each other and so on. It was really fun observing the pattern of people skating (sorry, geek talks here)

IMGP0677

Wait, there was something new here. KTM had come to Sunway Pyramid!

      IMGP0674IMGP0665IMGP0675

Shopping is not really my thing. Aside from movies, bowling, archery and ice-skating, I really could find no place anymore. And so I “lepak” at Starbucks with Sy Yuan for its Wi-Fi.

Time did fly. It was already about time for us to go for the buffet dinner at the Sun & Surf. Finally, I had stepped into the Sunway Resort Hotel and Spa. Gorgeous it was. Too bad, we couldn’t stay here.

IMGP0684

The dinner was really a satisfying one. What’s more, we had a really nice chat to add to the nice food. I already had great food and great friends. What’s more to be asked?

IMGP0687IMGP0711
IMGP0710

Here too, I had my first lesson on how to tackle oysters from Grandmaster Thristhan. The oysters served here was really fresh. Mixing it with Long Island sauce, I felt like I was in the heaven.

IMGP0703

With food around and camera at hands, food presentation game was only natural. Good thing about buffet is that you could arrange your food in whatever way you liked. A test bed for creativity indeed!

IMGP0700
IMGP0696

Now, let’s turn our camera to people. First up, Dania who had just made me famous in her recent blog post. A graphic designer with loads of fun she is. Look how she indulged herself with her chocolate marshmallow.

IMGP0693

Next, Thristhan in awe! The food must be awesome. And that explains his expression.

IMGP0706

This guy really knows his stuff. If he says the food here is good, then it must be. Then, here comes Spectre who really enjoyed the dinner here. He is a really cute and funny. And he carries his HTC everywhere. 

IMGP0697


Our journey did not just end at Sun&Surf as the night was still young. A few of us were assigned a secret mission: to investigate the night life of Selangor. We drove to Hilton Petaling Jaya to watch live band performance. The performers were really cool. It was my first time to listen to the 80s rock songs but they had made me to fall in love with the lyrics and the tunes.

IMGP0390
IMGP0382
IMGP0386

Music and dance are never mutually exclusive, are they? Here, Alid became our master for dancing. However weird his piano dance moves were, we were obviously having fun.

IMGP0393IMGP0391

It was really a crazy night with crazy friends (especially Alid) and crazy dance. Good night, world. Or should I say “good morning”?

How to get to Sunway Pyramid?

View Larger Map



How to get to Hilton Hotel, Petaling Jaya?

View Larger Map






                                                                                                                                                                  

Comments are welcomed and encouraged on ZewSays.com, but there are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted as follows:
1) Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.
2) Comments including profanity will be deleted.
3) Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted.
4) Comments that attack a person individually will be deleted.
The owner of this blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at anytime.
Facebook Blogger Plugin: Created by ZewSays.com

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, we had alot of fun that day huh bro? I bet you loved the oyster too, no more oyster virgin already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely I did. That was really an awesome night. Hey, you had won the bet, hadn't you? Go claim your prize =D Haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails