2010/09/28

Stories From The Curious Mind-Chapter 6

(Official blog post for My Selangor Story Blogging Contest)


Tropicana Medical Center || A New Star in Medical Tourism

After one whole of chilling and playing around, the fifth day of My Selangor Story had finally come. You could never guess where our first destination was. It was the Tropicana Medical Center at Kota Damansara. Yes, you didn’t hear me wrong. It is a hospital. Or should I say, it is not a hospital. You might be wondering what My Selangor Story had to do with a medical center. Medical tourism is now considered a subcategory of tourism. People do travel for both treatment and sightseeing. Malaysia is quickly catching up on this and TMC is one of the pioneers.

The medical center was fully equipped with all the cutting-edge medical equipment with acronyms as their names. Being not so much a fan of medicine, I could not still remember most of those names. I could not say about the quality of the medical treatment here for sure but I did know how artistic and comfortable the medical center was. It was that comfortable until a point that I could not differentiate whether this was a hospital or hotel. The wall was not white as those of most hospitals out there. They also had art pieces everywhere. Art appreciation does cure illness. IMGP0790
IMGP0804

I was particularly amazed with the delivery wards which looked more like a hotel suite. Bringing babies to the world in this suite would really be awesome. I bet Alid and Feeq had that in mind, too.

IMGP0810

We also explored the semen collecting room. It was really a fresh thing for me. When I learnt about IVF in biology classes, I had never thought of how semen is collected. It was then only I knew that this is done in a room like this, with TV and bed.

IMGP0802

IVF had been a miracle for couples who yearn for babies but the fact that only about a half of the operation can be successful hit me. How sad it was to hear that there will be no children in one’s life, no one to continue one’s story. It seemed like everything still depends on Him in the end, no matter how hard one tries.
Not forgetting the new born baby who was sound asleep.


IMGP0817

IMGP0818

At the very last minute before we had to leave, I found that they had brushes made from baby hair here, what was thought to be the best blessing for our children to do well academically.

Even from my brief visit here, I could already see how dedicated the nurses at the Tropicana Medical Center are. They stopped us from visiting the wards to protect the privacy of their patients. This had showed their professionalism. Should they had said yes, I would really question that.

IMGP0811

Frames @ Sunway Pyramid
After trying out the advanced equipment at Tropicana Medical Center, we then went to the Frames @ Sunway Pyramid for our lunch. 
IMGP0820

As what its name suggests, the Frames, painted in pure white and silver, is like a frame containing memories of all those who have dined here. Its wall was also full of photos in classy frames. I had always wanted to visit here and now Sunway had given a chance to fit myself into this little frame.

IMGP0827


Even the menu was of thoughtful design. It was made into a roll of paper tied with a purple ribbon. It gave me a tinge of suspense, forcing me to guess what is on the menu. The food served was of all origins. I ordered a Kalio Bilado, a type of Minangkabau chicken rice.


IMGP0828
IMGP0830IMGP0829

The texture and taste of the chicken was simply irresistible. The size of serving, too, was more than satisfying. I would definitely recommend you to try this next time you come here. Not to forget the desert, too. Dressing in black and white, it gave me a mouthful of bliss and happiness especially at the moment when the ice-cream melted together with the chocolate cake. Unforgettable indeed. 

IMGP0833
IMGP0835IMGP0834

By the way, while writing this, I really wondered whether I should now position myself as a food blogger. Food all the way from Shah Alam to Sunway. No wonder Malaysia is a Paradise of Gourmets.

Sunway Lagoon Theme Park || Highlight of the Day


After answering our appetite’s call, we then looked for more thrills at the four theme parks of Sunway Lagoon. We were going to conquer them, one by one. Water Park, Amusement Park, Wildlife Park,Extreme Park and Scream Park! Here we come!


IMGP0458

Riding the running stream on the huge “life-buoy like" Grand Canyon River Rapid was particularly fun. At certain points, it gave you a “musical kick” like that in the Inception. At certain points, too, it would surprise with a sudden burst of water. Hooray, let’s get wet!

The next point was even more thrilling. The three to four continuous bumps of the Colorado Splash Coaster nearly stopped my heart. The final landing literally hurt, too.
IMGP0448IMGP0452

The first roller-coaster ride in my life also happened here in Sunway Lagoon. The feeling was truly beyond description. At some moments, I felt as if I was falling down. I screamed. I shouted. My face went pale, too. It really gave me a shot of adrenaline up to the head. This was yet another reason for me to remember Sunway Lagoon.

Then, we went to the Scream Park (a fancy name for ghost house) It was super fun to fool around with all those ghosts. The most funny part was that the ghosts inside were super polite. After scaring you, they said “This way, please.” It was kind of weird to hear that, though. There was one part of the Scream Park which I remembered the most. It was in the visual illusion tunnel. I really felt like the tunnel was spinning and could not move forward at all. Thanks to the 3D glasses. By the way, it was the cute Spectre who got me out. Nice guy, do read his blog.

After Scream Park, we then made our way through the scenic yet slightly shaky Pedestrian Suspension Bridge. It was really a nice place to enjoy the bird eye view of the entire Sunway Lagoon.

IMGP0460
IMGP0461IMGP0463

Then, we went down to where the All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) was. By the way, I would like to give a big thank you hug to Kak Zara who lent me her wristband so that I could play with the awesome looking ATVs. (I accidentally lost my wristband, sob)

At first, I almost lost control of it when I tried to turn on the way up the hill but I managed to figure out how to do in the end. It required a careful control of the throttle and the steering. It was really a wonderful experience for me who had never rode a motorcycle before. Going up and down the hill with the four wheels was indeed cool although the ride was brief and not-so-challenging. Can I have one more round, please?

IMGP0470
IMGP0468
IMGP0466IMGP0467

When we came down from our ATVs, it was already near the time for us to move. Before that, of course I went and got myself wet in the huge pool with my fellow Indonesian friends. The huge pool was safe even for a mildly hydrophobic me. With the background of multi level waterfall at the back, this part of the Water looked very scenic albeit its slight mechanical feel.

IMGP0471IMGP0472IMGP0488IMGP0513IMGP0521IMGP0522IMGP0523


Soon, dusk came and we had to leave to the Haven Points to have our farewell dinner. To add the final note for My Selangor Story trip.

IMGP0839


Haven Restaurant || The Farewell Dinner in the Most Scenic Place

On the way from Sunway to Bukit Langat, we purposely made a detour to pass by Jalan Tun Abdul Razak to have a look at the city center. This was the part of Kuala Lumpur where I had never been. The skyline here was comparable to those of other cities like Singapore. Awesome detour!

There was some glitches which delayed our dinner at Havens. It was not all our driver’s fault because it was easy to get confused with so many lookout points available here. The delay was not all bad, too. At least, I had gotten more rest on the bus and more time to chit chat.

Again, we were given VVIP treatment in Haven Restaurant. They actually made lobster as our appetizer! It was marvelous! Gorgeous! Heavenly! And I ran out of my adjectives. The food was literally finger licking good, too. I was particularly touched when they gave let us to bring the umbrella back home after it had shielded us from the drizzle when we went up to the viewpoint tower.

IMGP0846

Since appetizers and desert were of buffet style, it brought yet another chance for us to test our food presentation skill.

IMGP0847


I ordered salmon. The taste was good. However, my small stomach could not seem to fully savor a portion this huge. If only I had someone to bring along to share, yeah?


IMGP0849
The grilled chicken chop was nice, too.
IMGP0858

But I would say the rib was the best of all. Words do not suffice here. Not even picture could. Let’s witness Thristhan in awe of the ultra huge portion of the ribs. For the ribs, three man, Thristhan, Dylan and Sy Yuan actually fought with each other. Everyone on the table was pretty entertained with their rib eating race. Size did not seem to matter much here. Dylan, despite his relatively small build, had given a real good fight.

Thristhan In Action

The atmosphere at Haven Restaurant almost led me to believe that I was still in Genting. With the fragrance from shisha and the melodious voice of One Night Service, all the 30 My Selangor Storytellers really enjoyed their dinner here.

                 IMGP0859IMGP0868

I then moved my eyeballs from the food to the scenery. I still couldn’t believe that it was in such order. (It seems as if I was a food blogger.) From here, the whole Kuala Lumpur skyline was within the reach of my eyes. At some moments, mist came on and off. The city seemed to be really shy in front of us.

IMGP0844 
IMGP0845
IMGP0563IMGP0581
IMGP0584

The story Haven ended just yet. Stay tuned for the final page of My Selangor Story
Facebook Blogger Plugin: Created by ZewSays.com

7 comments:

  1. I love love love love love loveeeeeeee your photos in the pool. There were really amazing! Possibly one of my favs too :)

    Ehem, I take it that's a pun for Haven at the end of your post? Smart one!

    And once again I learned something! The art sculptures in TMC. Which helps the improve the conditions of their patients. Also those brushes made of baby's hair. I didn't see that one! Great eyes for details you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoiiii the picture at the pool you taken from my camera hahaha.... I need some royalty then :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos were taken using Alid's waterproof camera =) A big thank you to Alid. I give you more movies next time you come ^^

    The brushes were really of chance discovery. I love the fact that each person has a different angle to look at things. That is what gives life colors and shades, isn't that? =)

    Alid, see, I put your link all over my site for free =)Surely I'm gonna mention you in my last post. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures! Love the food pictures, I can salivate looking at 'em. Oh by the way, one particular picture which caught my mind was the the one with all those picture frames! Love the angle here! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kah Wei and to PhotoScape, probably the best photo editing software I have. I'm taking up photography soon, to produce better pictures for the blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information. i like with express my support of your ideas in your article, and looking forward to your next article.

    ALOKA UST-9124

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails