2010/10/08

Stories From The Curious Mind-Chapter 7

(Official blog post for My Selangor Story Blogging Contest)


A Story To Be Continued|| That of Friends, Flames, Firsts and Frames

IMGP0002
(First photo taken using Pentax Optio P80, perhaps the first panoramic shot of my life)
Life seems to be a balance of the opposites. With life comes death. With happiness comes sadness. However, the line between the opposites is, more often than not, blurry. The end of My Selangor Story has officially brought the start of my journey as a blogger. Most importantly, it signifies the beginning of the friendship which binds all 30 of My Selangor Storytellers together.

IMGP0644

The very process of recording My Selangor Story has certainly broadened my horizons. Many experiences I have are of the first time of the 19 tender years of mine. It was my first time to travel without family or friends for so long (Now, it feels kind of short, though). It was my first time to meet so many bloggers at once. It was the first time I watch a live band performance. It was my first time holding a camera all day long. It was also the first time I tried out ATV. The list goes on and on.

IMGP0470

A glimpse back into the My Selangor Story journey brings forth many feelings, thoughts and memories. Travel is about experiencing and observing. It is all about looking at things from a different angle. Through this tour, I did see different sides of things around me. Those of friendship, passion, experience and memories.

Throughout the journey, I have seen bonds among friends who just met each other. I have also seen how local people interact with each other. One thing I particularly remember was that how close the stall owners in Uptown Shah Alam are. What’s more, I have made more than 30 friends in less than one week and all of them are awesome people. The always cheerful Alid, the cute Spectre, the cool Thristhan, the forgetful Kemal, the thoughtful Dania and many more.

IMGP0387

Making friends from Indonesia and Singapore was indeed a brand new experience. From Fadli, my roommate who shares same computer and cellphone model with me, has been a great companion. From him, I have learnt a lot more about Indonesia and internet industry (he is an IT guy). Not to forget Alid, my friend who also loves Hindi movies. I really had a wonderful time with him especially towards the last few days. I felt really sorry for not being able to see them off in person.

IMGP0660

Not only did I befriend fellow bloggers, I have made acquaintance with the TV Selangor crews who always tag us along and sometimes joined in our fun. If not for their ride, I really don’t know how I would have to come back to Shah Alam.
IMGP0552IMGP0562
Apart from making friends (check out their blogs at the bottom), I have also seen passion and dedication of Selangor people. There are so many of inspiring persons throughout the journey. The successor of the Uptown has his modern market dream. One Night Service has their dream as well. Listening to Jerome Murat’s philosophies in performing arts was enjoyable, too. Even among ourselves, many are amazing people like Kak Zara and Abang Bent. It is these people who make Selangor shines. Every single person I saw on the way has his or her stories to tell. If only I was given the time.

Frames are what keep memories alive. With camera, I have sealed the beauty of the places I have been to, the people I have talked to and so on. I shall never forget the tranquility of Chin Swee Temple, the gorgeousness of Kanching Waterfall, the warmth of Dorani Homestay and the fragile lights of fireflies. Selangor simply has so much to offer.
IMGP0573
IMGP0612
IMGP0515


Here is my video-book summarizing my 6-day-5-night My Selangor Story tour with a melodious touch. It was truly a story of friends, flames, firsts and frames. By the way, by embedding this video, I have add another "first": my first ever personal video project.






My Selangor Story was really a story of friends, flames, firsts and frames. Oh yeah, there are two more “f”s. Food and freebies. The generosity of the sponsors was simply overwhelming. Thank you, My Selangor Story sponsors, partners and everyone who makes this event a reality! Pentax was probably the most important sponsor of all. If not for their Pentax Optio P80, My Selangor Story would have been a story with no pictures and videos. I especially like the panoramic feature, as seen from my pictures.




                                                                                                                                                                  

Comments are welcomed and encouraged on ZewSays.com, but there are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted as follows:
1) Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.
2) Comments including profanity will be deleted.
3) Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted.
4) Comments that attack a person individually will be deleted.
The owner of this blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at anytime.
Facebook Blogger Plugin: Created by ZewSays.com

4 comments:

  1. *sniff* your video made me sentimental as I was watching it :) It was a good post this one :) MSS is a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I got a bit emotional when writing this though the feeling did subside a little compared to the very day we left each other =p
    MSS is really a success, thanks to all who make it possible ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes..the memory will stay in our heart..nice knowing u victor...different people,different background...n that's show us that we can working together....i wish more event like this in the future...

    P/s :good luck with ur study bro..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that we'll meet again either in MSS2 or other blogging events ^^ It was really fun traveling with you guys =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails